Sometimes, people like you are kind enough to ask what we most need, hands-on, from our local community. Here's our wish-list :)
- People with good fundraising experience or skills, to join our team who put together events.
- Retreat Event Volunteers - from time to time we are asked to provide volunteers to help at a community event (for example, being marshals or washer-uppers). If you are happy to go on a list to be contacted from time to time to see if you can give some time to an event, that would help us enormously! Of course, each time you will have as much notice as we are able to give and have the opportunity to see if the timings work for you.
- Caterers - if you are happy to donate a meal to the Retreat, please get in touch! We do all the catering for our guests and a donated meal once a month or so is a wonderful night off for the crew. Sometimes there are 12-14 people and sometimes will various allergies/dislikes. If this sounds easy to you, we'd love to hear from you :)
- Gardeners - If you would like to join our regular working bees then we would contact you every few months to invite you to join in the next working bee with whatever major gardening project we have planned!The grounds of the Retreat are an integral part of the Retreat experience. We strive to maintain the grounds to keep them feeling beautiful and under control. If you are able to volunteer on a regular basis, tasks could include pruning, weeding, and assisting the Retreat Gardener with maintenance.
- People who have handy skills doing maintenance work on buildings (from painting to carpentry) - to keep enhancing the place for our Guests.
- Good listeners. Women, men and teenagers who have the time and compassion to walk alongside people on their journey - either at the Retreat or in the community.